When it is hot outside, having some light food is always the best option. Salads or fish are a few options to consider, which are actually good for your health too. Pan seared scallops with lime, chilli and coriander is something you might want to try out! It only takes a few minutes to cook and the result is just delicious!
Do you love cooking? If you love cooking then you probably like trying new recipes or just experiment with the ingredients you have in your fridge. Some food can be tricky to cook, especially if it is your first time. Scallops fits into this category, I remember watching Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen and him complaining about them either being almost rare or overcooked. If you try to cook scallops and they don’t turn out perfect, don’t give up, it is all about learning! You can always start with easy recipes like pan seared scallops to test how to cook them.
Pan seared scallops with lime, chilli and coriander is so easy to make, you only need a few ingredients. It is healthy, fresh and delicious. Lime gives that zesty taste that kicks in. If you are not a chilli person, then you can either skip it or use sweet paprika to give some colour. You can have it as a starter or just as a party food, your guests will enjoy the soft texture of these scallops.
If you want a fancy way of presenting the scallops, get the scallops in shell. Once you remove the scallops from the shell, you can just clean the shell and you have perfect plate to serve them. Don’t you think that it is a cool idea?
Are you a seafood person? What’s your favourite seafood and which drink would you go for? White, rosé or some edgy cocktail?
- 4 scallops with shell
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 lime
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Remove the shell of scallops (keep the shell to serve the scallops), clean and dry them,
- Roughly chop the garlic, chilli and coriander,
- Heat the olive oil in pan and fry the scallops for 1 minute till it gets golden, then turn them over to fry the other side,
- After you turn it, add the chopped garlic and red chilli into the pan,
- Cook the scallops, garlic and red chilli for 1 minute,
- Before taking it from the heat, add the lime juice and let it absorb,
- Put the cooked scallops in the shell with chillies and season it with salt and pepper,
- To garnish it, add the roughly chopped coriander and drizzle of olive oil,